At War Child Holland we work to improve the resilience and wellbeing of children living with violence and armed conflict. In line with War Child’s ambition to be a networked expert organization, it is the expertise that matters to us in a global environment where country borders in terms of workplace slowly disappear.
The finance team consists of the finance manager, the controllers and the finance admin team. You will be a part of the finance admin team consisting of a team lead and three finance officers, including you.
You provide a supportive contribution by performing administrative duties, processing relevant data and providing information. In addition to this, you provide proactive analyses, prepares reports, develops financial tools and have external contacts with for example banks, payrollers, system developers, partners and auditors and responds to their queries independently.
Your main tasks are going to be
- Process administrative transactions in the appropriate administration, including Inter Company bookings, timesheets, invoices and memo journals;
- Check and specifies balances on a periodic basis and in preparation for the annual audit;
- Prepare and process outgoing payments;
- Process incoming payments including the preparation of direct debits;
- Verify and process the monthly payroll;
- Is aware of Dutch VAT legislation and escalates (risks of) non-compliance in incoming (expense) and outgoing (donor) invoices;
- Ensures staff follow the processes and procedures regarding e.g expense claims and other internal financial requirements;
- Ensure maintaining confidentiality of all confidential information (like payroll data), knowing which data not to share;
- Solve new problems within the prescribed guidelines and procedures.
- Actively contribute to, and participates in, cross-department working groups (like the procurement platform)
- Minimal 2 - 4 years’ experience in a financial administrative role; preferably with a NGO
- HBO level of think and working
- A relevant education
- Fluent in Dutch and good working knowledge of English
- Experience working with ERP systems, preferably Unit 4
- Responsible, accurate, well organised, eye for detail
- Positive – critical teamplayer
- Fully supportive of War Child’s mandate
War Child is a young and dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity-focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace.
- Salary range from €3.017 - €3.752 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week (the exact step determined by the years of relevant working experience);
- 28 vacation days on full time basis (consisting of 26 vacation days plus 2 additional fixed free days, based on 40 hours work week);
- A pension scheme fully paid by War Child;
- Reimbursement of your commuter – and working from home allowance;
- Laptop to work from any location and monthly mobile phone contribution of € 25;
- Pleasant working conditions, good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
- Please note this position is advertised only for staff based in the Netherlands. To apply you need to have a valid working and residence permit.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply as soon as possible but no later than 15 September 2023. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter here:
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
War Child is committed to humanitarian values, standards and norms and we expect the same from job applicants. War Child is especially committed to safeguarding the children and youth we support and doesn’t tolerate any form of abuse. Because we want to prevent and deter any actions that place children and youth at risk, conduct references are an important part of our recruitment procedure. As part of the selection process, War Child will request standardized references in accordance with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and a recent Criminal Records statement.
War Child has a dream that every child lives in peace - no matter who or where they are. That’s why we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and belonging in everything we do and select our potential new colleagues without regard to gender, race, colour, religion, nationality, disability, age or sexual orientation.
To ensure that we spend as much of our resources on the support of children and youth, War Child needs to operate as efficiently as possible. This means we can only process job applications received through our websites.
If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, the vacancy will be removed from our websites. In this case, any responses received after removal will not be processed. Sometimes the closing date of a vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.