Functional lead - Business Analyst
At War Child Holland (WCH) we work to improve the resilience and wellbeing of children living with violence and armed conflict. War Child uses MS365, Salesforce and Unit4 as our main business information systems across the entire organization and is developing a data platform to support our scaling ambitions.
As functional lead - business analyst you are responsible for optimizing and automating business processes and access to information for all functional areas in the organization by using management information systems and data platforms, and for optimizing the usage of the systems.
In addition, you will participate in organisational change projects and will be involved in a wider range of digital innovation projects focused on data and the scaling of War Child's work.
As Functional lead - Business Analyst you are a part of the ICT department, and you report to the Head of IT. You will be the linking pin between the business and ICT department, subject matter experts in different areas and other stakeholders.
The role is stationed in our Amsterdam office (successful candidate needs to be eligible to work in the Netherlands).
- Signalize, initiate and action process improvement possibilities, participate in and provide advice on information management projects.
- Maintain helicopter overview on War Child processes, pro-actively signalize and potential overlaps and solutions across functional and departmental domains.
- Translate business processes to usable cases and system requirements, translate user needs to system developers and system solutions.
- Act as lead contact within the IT team for day-to-day queries / escalations / guidance on functional matters.
- Co-develop and optimize Information Technology related policies and procedures and coordinate and ensure their implementation and adherence.
- Recognize and drive operational areas for change and improvement.
- Actively ensure all regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
- Advise and support leadership on operational decision making / planning.
- WO level of working and thinking, in the area of Business and/or Information Management.
- Min. 3-5 years of relevant working experience as a functional lead, business analyst or similar role.
- Change management competencies for sustainable and successful change.
- Stakeholder management skills on all levels.
- Experience with project management methodologies and with leading projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of business processes and services of the organization.
- Knowledge of managing and optimizing information systems, and development and optimization of data structures and/or business intelligence solutions.
- Affinity with digital innovation projects and technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of information security and data protection.
- Flexible, accurate and hardworking, both independently and in a team environment, able to cope with a high pressure, multi-tasking environment with changing priorities.
- Structured and have organizational talents.
- Excellent verbal and written expression skills, fluent in Dutch and English (spoken and written).
- Ability to interact with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures.
- Fully support War Child’s mandate and mission.
- Available for 32-40 hours per week.
- Eligible to live and work in the Netherlands.
- Salary range from € 3362 to € 4349 gross per month, based on 40 hours per week. (the exact step determined by the years of your relevant working experience).
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours per week), plus 2 additional fixed free days.
- Vacation allowance of 8% of the annual salary.
- A contributory pension scheme, fully paid by War Child.
- Possibility to combine working from home with work in the office.
- Laptop to work from any location and mobile phone contribution of € 25 per month.
- Possibility to follow (online) trainings and/or courses and attend War Child’s events.
- Good atmosphere, great colleagues and of course the meaningful purpose of our work!
War Child is a dynamic organization. We try to keep an informal ambiance within our office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, and a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child Holland offers a challenging job in an inspiring workplace in Amsterdam.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before August 5th 2022. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages) and cover letter here:
Please mention where you found this vacancy.
Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
War Child is committed to humanitarian values, standards and norms and we expect the same from job applicants. War Child is especially committed to safeguarding the children and youth we support and doesn’t tolerate any form of abuse. Because we want to prevent and deter any actions that place children and youth at risk, conduct references are an important part of our recruitment procedure. As part of the selection process, War Child will request standardized references in accordance with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and a recent Criminal Records statement.
War Child has a dream that every child lives in peace - no matter who or where they are. That’s why we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity and belonging in everything we do and select our potential new colleagues without regard to gender, race, colour, religion, nationality, disability, age or sexual orientation.
To ensure that we spend as much of our resources on the support of children and youth, War Child needs to operate as efficiently as possible. This means we can only process job applications received through our websites.
If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, the vacancy will be removed from our websites. In this case, any responses received after removal will not be processed. Sometimes the closing date of a vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.